DateJuly 13, 2017
AuthorMichaletz ZwiefMarketing and digital communications agency specializing in smart, meaningful content development.
Topic Inbound Marketing
Subscribe to the MZ Blog
The final components of email marketing best practices focuses on how to strategize and boost your email marketing performance. After all, your goal is to break through the clutter and grab attention in an era where people check their emails on average 74 times a day! Strategically segmenting your buyers, timing your email distribution and looking ahead to the future of email marketing are effective ways to strategically increase your efforts with buyers.
Marketers will further analyze their audiences to add logic and segmentation to their email efforts. Behavioral, demographic, contextual and transactional data will be utilized to develop and push emails with the right content and the right timing. Geo-targeting subscribers’ last-seen IP location or open time will boost email relevancy and conversion rates with messaging relative to weather conditions, nearest store location and more. Buyers will truly encounter a holistic email experience.
Determining what time of day to distribute your emails is important because you want to do everything you can to ensure you maximize the open rate and number of click throughs. We’ve found the best source on time of day took into account research findings from 10 different studies. To follow are the highlights:
2017/18 Email Predictions
The email industry is constantly changing, here’s a peek at some of latest trends you should consider putting into action:
- Automated email workflows will continue to save time and money. Automation to eliminate mundane tasks and trigger actions such as welcome emails, cart abandonment emails, predictive lead scoring, behavioral triggers and live social media feeds in your emails will continue to gain momentum
- Seamless CRM integrations will allow for a focus on personalization, powerful reporting, and improved sales
- Live content specific to the opener’s location, device and time of open will change the content accordingly to drive context and relevancy, enhancing the user experience
- HTML5 Video will continue to drive engagement and interactivity as currently email clients who do support it represent over half of the market share
- Interactive emails will model the more dynamic web environment. Interactivity may trigger an event such tapping an arrow on a dropdown to open, checking a checkbox, swiping on a slider or even adding an item to your shopping cart to strengthen the quality of your email marketing problem. Interactivity benefits your business too as you gain analytics to know how and when recipients are interacting with your content
- Glanceable newsletters will allow users to preview of the links in a newsletter without having to open the email